Sunday, August 31, 2014

MORE PACE in SPRING 2016


CAConrad
127 Riverview Drive
Asheville, NC 28806
__________________

The Occupy movement revealed two substantial certainties:
Unrest is widespread and wants to become visible.
Poets are part of this wherever you go.

This project has a beautiful car, and her name is Sister Basho.


My main goals for each city and town I visit:

•  An assembly ONLY of poets, asking them about the conditions of their lives and communities and what we can do to repair our national obsession with war.

•  A PACE (Poet Activist Community Extension) Action where we read poems on the street to our fellow citizens, the resulting conversations among the most productive and rewarding experiences where we also give away copies of the poems we read.  (I cofounded PACE in 2004 with Frank Sherlock, Mytili Jagannathan and Linh Dinh in Philadelphia. More HERE.) 

•  A blog about my project would include interactive components so online readers can join the conversation and share their ideas.

•  A poem written for each location to be included in a large book based on my travels to see the poets of America, dedicated to the good people who will provide me with a car and other assistance along the way.


It is important for me to raise money on the road.  I can do this through university visits or other readings and workshops if university resources are unavailable.

I will sleep in the car between locations, but the use of couches and showers will also be much appreciated.  I am grateful for ANY help in making this project work financially or otherwise!

To introduce me to your family of poets please contact me at 88CAConrad@gmail.com

Or call me at 432.294.1534

THANK YOU, MUCH APPRECIATED!

CAConrad's childhood included selling cut flowers along the highway for his mother and helping her shoplift.  He is the author of seven books including ECODEVIANCE: (Soma)tics for the Future Wilderness (Wave Books, 2014).  He is a 2015 Headlands Art Fellow, and has also received fellowships and residencies from Lannan Foundation, MacDowell Colony, Banff, Ucross, RADAR, and the Pew Center for Arts & Heritage.  He conducts workshops on (Soma)tic Poetry and Ecopoetics.

"Poetry is at its very root tendentious."
--Vladimir Mayakovsky





88CAConrad@gmail.com